Unicef: 69% of Georgia’s population is poor, 24% - near-poor citizens, only 7% represents  the country’s middle class

Unicef: 69% of Georgia’s population is poor, 24% - near-poor citizens, only 7% represents the country’s middle class

access_time2018-09-14 14:19:53

Unicef has published a detailed report on the financial and material situation of the population in Georgia.

As it turned out, in 2017 the number of extremely poor people in Georgia increased by 108,000 compared to 2015 while people in poverty- by 124,000. Accordingly, extreme poverty increased by 2, 9%, total poverty by 3, 3%.

By the pension amount, Georgia is on the bottom of the list along with Moldova .

Out of  10 adult residents of Georgia, 7 have bank debts.

In 2017, 609,000 people used the services of pawnshops.


The pension in Georgia is lower than in Armenia, where it amounts to GEL 230.

According to Unicef, in 2015 18% of  Georgia’s population lived below the national poverty level, of which 2% were extremely poor.

 The devaluation of the national currency and inflation exceeded the number of extremely poor  by 6% from 2% to 5%.

32% of Georgia’s population are poor, 37% are  near the  poverty line, that is the total number of poor people makes 69%. 24% of the population live in poverty, and only 7% represent the country’s middle class.

Georgia has also the highest level of the debt burden of individuals in the region: 16.6%  - in Turkey, 6.7 percent-  in Armenia, 18.5% -  in Russia, and 24.6 percent - in Georgia.

In the United States this figure is 10%, in Europe - on average 11%.


თეგები:
commersant




Similar News

up